2 April 2014

Writing off March.

Sometimes, it doesn't matter how much planning you've done (or thought about!) some things just happen and turn your life upside down.
The beginning of this month we saw the loss of my mother-in-law, Valerie. She had been very ill in hospital for a while but it was still quite sudden. We dropped everything and rushed to the other side of the country for her last 24 hours. She fought so hard and will be dearly missed. We said our final goodbyes this past Monday 31st.


The previous week I had a visit to hospital for minor surgery on my leg to remove a mole. The procedure was quick, less than 20 minutes (my hubby watched!) but the stitches meant that the healing time is long.

I am not a particularly good patient at the best of times but I had limited movement for a while, oh and the cramps! Aaargghh!
A little over a week and the pain was gone and I've just plucked up the courage to remove the butterfly stitches! (the others are dissolve-able)
If you follow me on instagram you may have seen some pictures!


During my recovery, my son decided it was the perfect time to start wearing big boy pants and using the toilet. So much for resting my leg! Kids are so intuitive!
Thankfully we've just managed to acquire a tumble drier from some friends who have moved abroad for a while so that's been super handy to have during this stage. And fluffy towels, oh the fluffy towels!



I hope to resume a more regular service in April!

Back soon
Georgie x